Hello! As a journalist based in New York City, I write and anchor a web series for Beme News, CNN Digital Productions’ millennial-focused YouTube channel. It’s called “More Than You Wanted to Know,” and dives deep into the history, policy, science and law behind the headlines.
I’m also an Associate Producer for Anderson Cooper 360 at CNN, where I’ve produced two Emmy-nominated special reports (Finding Hope: Battling America’s Suicide Crisis and The Parkland Diaries, about the Parkland survivors and the beginnings of the March for Our Lives movement). I have also covered the Trump Presidency, the August 12th white nationalist riot in Charlottesville, Hurricane Maria’s impact on Puerto Rico, among many, many others.
I also just completed my dissertation for my second master’s degree, an M.A. in War Studies, through King’s College London’s distance learning program. My research is on American journalism at the turn of the 20th century and its coverage of Anarchist terrorism, an early example of the often-symbiotic relationship between the media and terrorist actors. I also hold a Master of Public Policy degree from the University of Virginia, where I completed research on the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid expansion. My B.A. with distinction in History is also from the University of Virginia, where I was a Jefferson Scholar.
For a complete resume and other career information, please visit my recently updated LinkedIn page.
“More Than You Wanted to Know” Web Series, CNN Digital/ Beme News:
- The Government Shutdown is Making Federal Prisons More Dangerous
- Should Middle and High Schools Start Later?
- The Green New Deal is Not Actually New
- When is a Presidential Pardon Obstruction of Justice?
- and many more available on YouTube
- CNN, The 15-year-old documenting Eastern Ghouta massacre with selfie videos
- CNN, Charlottesville car attack suspect charged with five additional felonies.
- The Washington Post, U-Va., stop spinning news about sexual assault.
- CNN, A Friendship Forged by Katrina.
- The Virginia Policy Review, Policy Analysis in Journalism.
NBC29 in Charlottesville, Virginia
- REEL: Reporter and fill-in anchor
- Massive fire at a historic hotel in Charlottesville
- Eades Hollow Forest Fire
- Investigation: Opioid Addiction Epidemic, Part One and Part Two. Won the 2017 Virginias Associated Press Douglas Southall Freeman Meritorious Award for Public Service Through Journalism.
- Cold case: one year anniversary of Jay Shifflett’s murder
- Murder in Charlottesville: interviewed the grieving family and pregnant fiance of Bobby ReauVeau
- Fly over the proposed path of the controversial Atlantic Coast Pipeline